Passe Muraille is an artistic and participative project dedicated to the “inhabited territory”.
Passe Muraille is also a place, a workshop of about 150m² located 30 rue Bouquière, in the city centre.
A place for learning, discovery, research, experimentation and creation. A space of fertilisation and exchange, a hybrid between an artist’s studio, a corner café, a research laboratory, an exhibition gallery, an information office and a resource centre…
From 2005 to 2009, Passe Muraille initiated and hosted actions aimed at decoding our living environment and inventing / testing possible ways of acting and making it more livable for all : actions of urban conviviality, artistic and citizen residences, exhibitions, conferences, hosting of external initiatives, pedagogical workshops, living environment aperitifs…
Some works :
- Utopian urbanism workshops in the Saint-Michel and Queyries neighbourhoods, civic urban foresight actions.
- Friperie, a public conversation tool based on the barter of customised clothing.
- Salons de ville (“city lounges”), a conviviality and exchange system set up for a few hours in different public spaces.
- Artistic residence of the Chilean collective of mosaic artists Punto Fuga.
- Residence of the social and political science research collective Intura.
- Cultural seminar “System D”, organised by Archaeopterix.
- Lecture by Hassan Darsi / La Source du Lion, about the Hermitage Park project in Casablanca.
- Artistic residence and cultural seminar “Par 4 chemins…“ around the topic of urban walk, with Joël Henry / Latourex, Hendrik Sturm, Denis Moreau / Banlieuedeparis.
- Residence and exhibition “La Smala d’Ab El Kader” produced by Echelle Inconnue
- The “Promenades blanches”, fuzzy walks organized in collaboration with the TNT, with the artists Alain Michard and Mathias Poisson.
- Exhibitions and conferences as part of the Escales du livre 2007.
- Artistic residence of the Ici-Même [Gr.] collective, in partnership with the TNT. Production of the walk “24h dehors”.
- Exhibition “Comme un grand jardin diffus“, retrospective of the actions of Bruit du frigo in the northern neighbourhoods of Marseille, between 2006 and 2007.
- Artshop organized by the Fabrique POLA, ephemeral art shop.
- Various pedagogical actions with young people, in the framework of partnerships with social centres, animation centres and schools.