“Friperie” (“thrift store”) is a public conversation device based on the barter of clothing.
It consists of a mobile unit (bike-closet, computer, printer and textile press) allowing the personalization of clothing based on images and stories taken from intervention sites. Passers-by barter their clothes for others already personalized or personalize them directly with us.
This project was performed between 2005 and 2009 in different places :
- Royan, as part of “Captures#14“, an artistic residenceorganized by the association “Echancrures”.
- Artigues-près-Bordeaux in the context of the event “Forum des Territoires” organised by the Resource Centre on the policy of the City PQA (Pays et Quartiers d’Aquitaine).
- Bordeaux, on the occasion of the inauguration of the Passe Muraille, the public workshop of Bruit du frigo.
- Marseille, as part of an exhibition dedicated to Bruit du frigo at the gallery of the Bureau des Compétences et Désirs.
- Lille, Maison folie of Wazemmes & Moulin, as part of Lille 3000 event.
- During informal actions in the public space, in Bordeaux.